BALANCED FINANCIAL INFORMATION
This course is designed to give each attendee a comprehensive and Plain-English financial education, while also exposing various pitfalls and risks that threaten to derail many retirees today. This event is purely educational – no specific products or services will be offered.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Common misconceptions about taxes in retirement.
- Understand the official new tax reform rules and their impact on your retirement.
- Understand the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on retirement income streams.
- Identify tools and strategies available to retirees.
- The old retirement vs. TODAY’S retirement
- How to create a clear vision for retirement that could lead to less stress and more happiness.
- Understanding the keys to distributing your money in retirement.
- Understanding RMDs and the implications they have on your retirement.
TAX RATE RISK
- How rising taxes may affect your retirement cash flow.
- The “Catch 22” of 401k’s and IRA’s
- Are employer sponsored plans better than IRAs?
- Is it time for the Roth conversions?
RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING
- How to accumulate dollars in the right types of accounts for future retirement income.
- Strategies on how to lengthen the life of your money
- When should you convert to a Roth?
- How IRA’s and 401k’s cause Social Security taxation
MAXIMIZING SOCIAL SECURITY
- The causes of Social Security taxation
- The Social Security thresholds you need to be aware of
- The real cost of Social Security taxation
- Strategies to eliminate Social Security taxation
- Social Security maximization strategies
RETIREMENT DISTRIBUTION PITFALLS
- How to ensure you won’t run out of money in retirement
- How to liquidate retirement assets in the right order
- How to eliminate “sequence of returns” risk
WHY LOSSES DURING RETIREMENT MATTER
- The impact of dramatic market loss in retirement
- Is “buy and hold” appropriate in retirement?
- How to shield your assets from stock market volatility
- Why “asset allocation” alone may not be enough
- How to truly diversify your retirement portfolio
HOW THE NEW SECURE ACT COULD IMPACT YOUR RETIREMENT:
- Changes to the RMD age for some!
- IRA Contribution Age Limit Altered
- Positive Changes for Part-Time Workers
- What's Happening to Stretch IRAs?
- Will We See Annuities Included More Often in Workplace Retirement Plans?
Date and Time
Tue, Sep 28, 2021
6:00p - 7:30p EST