WHY THIS CLASS MATTERS
Many of the retirement strategies utilized by our parents have grown outdated and may no longer have applications for those looking to retire today. This class compares and contrasts the old retirement paradigms of yesteryear and the new paradigms of today. Attendees will discover how to insulate themselves from the risks of rising taxes, Social Security taxation, and how to avoid common mistakes that increase the chances or running out of money as you distribute your assets in retirement.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Common misconceptions about taxes in retirement.
- Understand the official new tax reform rules and their impact on your retirement.
- Understand the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on retirement income streams.
- Identify tools and strategies available to retirees.
- The old retirement vs. TODAY’S retirement
- How to create a clear vision for retirement that could lead to less stress and more happiness.
- Understanding the keys to distributing your money in retirement.
- Understanding RMDs and the implications they have on your retirement.
TAX RATE RISK
- How rising taxes may affect your retirement cash flow.
- The “Catch 22” of 401k’s and IRA’s
- Are employer sponsored plans better than IRAs?
- Is it time for the Roth conversions?
RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING
- How to accumulate dollars in the right types of accounts for future retirement income.
- Strategies on how to lengthen the life of your money
- When should you convert to a Roth?
- How IRA’s and 401k’s cause Social Security taxation
MAXIMIZING SOCIAL SECURITY
- The causes of Social Security taxation
- The Social Security thresholds you need to be aware of
- The real cost of Social Security taxation
- Strategies to eliminate Social Security taxation
- Social Security maximization strategies
Date and Time
Wed, Jun 16, 2021
6:00p - 7:30p EST