UNDERSTANDING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFIT OPTIONS
One of the most important decisions you need to make before retiring is when and how to claim your Social Security benefits. Almost all retirees apply for Social Security as soon as they become eligible at age 62. By doing so, you may significantly and permanently impact your income and benefits for the rest of your life. The difference between the best and worst possible decision about when to start Social Security can be well over $100,000.
LEARN IMPORTANT RULES THAT COULD AFFECT THE AMOUNT OF RETIREMENT BENEFITS YOU COLLECT, AS WELL AS STRATEGIES FOR COORDINATING SOCIAL SECURITY WITH OTHER SOURCES OF RETIREMENT INCOME!
BALANCED FINANCIAL INFORMATIONThis course is designed to give each attendee a comprehensive and Plain-English financial education, while also exposing various pitfalls and risks that threaten to derail many retirees today.
This event is purely educational – no specific products or services will be offered.
Topics we will discuss:
· How did new Social Security laws affect your retirement strategy?
· Is "File and Suspend" really gone?
· Why waiting to take Social Security may or may not be your best move.
· What happens if your spouse is still working?
· What if you still are or want to work part-time?
· What if you are divorced or widowed?
· How to maximize your Social Security benefits.
· How you can reduce taxes on Social Security.
Date and Time
Sat, May 22, 2021
11:00a - 12:00p EST