About this event
Your presenter for this event is Peter J. Laliberte, the host of Jacksonville's premier retirement television show...Retire Now Television that airs on Sundays at 8AM on NBC WTLV Channel 12 and Sundays at 9:30AM on ABC WJXX Channel 25.
Join us for this educational course to address a comprehensive personal ﬁnances and options for those in the early stages of retirement or those about to retire. It will address some of the common tax pitfalls today's retirees face as well as issues that may impact your retirement. You will receive ﬁnancial tools to help you better understand risk, taxes, and estate planning.
What You Will Learn:
- Offsetting the cost of catastrophic illness.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - how it may affect you and your retirement.
- Why taxes may be one of your biggest expenses in retirement and why now is the time to address them.
- How required minimum distributions may increase your tax liability.
- The sources of retirement income - including social security, pension, retirement accounts, and retirement plan distributions - and how they are taxed.
- The rules, regulations and tax consequences of Qualified Plans (IRA, 401k, 403b) and how to manage them.
- Key questions you should ask any financial advisor.
Who Should Attend?
- Baby Boomers looking for guidance based on recent academic research.
- Individuals and couples between the ages of 56 and 73.
- Those concerned about our financial markets and future tax liabilities.
- Investors looking for new perspectives or ideas.
- It’s a good idea to address taxes while they are at historically low rates.
- Global market instability and record national debt necessitates action.
- Recent research indicates a different approach to retirement planning could be beneficial.
- You only get one shot at retirement. Make it count.
Date and Time
Thu, Apr 13, 2023
6:00p - 7:00p PST